Tuesday 23 April 2013

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging - Movie Review




Director: Gurinder Chadha
Writers:  Gurinder Chadha, Paula Mayeda Berges, Will McRobb, Chris Viscardi
Producers: Scott Aversano, Gurinder Chadha, Michelle Fox
Stars: Georgia Groome, Aaron Johnson, Eleanor Tomlinson

The movie Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is a movie about 14 year old Georgia Nicolson. Between school, boys, friends, mean girls, her dad moving to New Zealand and trying to plan the perfect 15th birthday, Georgia is very busy. The movie is about her life growing up, and what she learns about herself.

I would categorize this movie as a romantic comedy, but it is more targeted towards teenagers. The movie is very funny and I found myself laughing out loud many times. The acting was okay, though nothing spectacular.

The movie was simple, and I would call it a chick-flick. For that, it did its job. It was not a heavy movie with lots of action and important messages, it was simply about a girl growing up. I would say lots of girly teenage girls would enjoy this and it targets this audience very well.

Overall, this movie is good for teenagers. It is not great. It is very simple - nothing spectacular. I would recommend watching it at sleepovers and things like that. It is a great choice if you are looking for a laugh, and I think that if it sounds like something you would watch, you will like it for sure.

My Rating:
5/10

Click here to watch the trailer for Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging on YouTube.

















No comments:

Post a Comment